The days leading up to your wedding can be super stressful and the day itself quite emotional. Don’t let the best day of your life be spoiled by feelings of anxiety or exhaustion. Here are some helpful tips on how to keep the joyful experience this special day is meant to be.
– The week before, take a few minutes each day and write down things you are grateful for. Journaling can be very therapeutic and serve as a reminder of how blessed you are for the people around you. Whether it be the one you’re marrying, the friends and family that support you or this exciting new adventure that lies ahead, jot it down and reflect on it.
– There’s a saying that goes: “Don’t sweat the petty stuff and don’t pet the sweaty stuff.” That’s about as perfect a saying you can get for a wedding. Remember the reason you are getting married: You have found the person you love with all your heart and you want to share it with people that are close to you. So when those little emergencies come, and they will, take a deep breath, smile and let the bridesmaids handle it.
– Get enough sleep the week before. Make sure you sleep well. Essential oils like lavender and jasmine might help you drift off to dreamland with a smile on your face. You will be quite busy those last few days, but you will want to feel rested and energetic at the wedding.
– Water is life. Taking a long, tranquil bath or shower the morning of your wedding will let the world’s worries flow away. Light some scented candles and make it your me-time where no one may bother you. Relax and focus on your breathing while soaking in the bubbles.
– It might sound like a good time to get hammered at the party but in truth, you will regret getting crazy drunk on your wedding and especially being hungover on your honeymoon. Having a good time at this joyous celebration is important, but overdoing it might lead you to make a mess of things. You want to remember your special day with grace for the rest of your life.