Planning a wedding can be tough. With all the moving parts, you’re bound to feel overwhelmed. So why not rely on a professional to do it for you? Wedding planners are experts in all things wedding.
Hiring a wedding planner, however, doesn’t work for everyone. If you’re struggling to figure out if a wedding planner is right for you then check out our list of pros and cons.
– Less stressful: Having a wedding planner takes all of the planning and scheduling off your hands. All you really need to do is say yes or no to the plan and sign the cheques. If you are someone who gets overwhelmed quickly, a wedding planner will be amazing for you. You can breathe a sigh of relief knowing someone else will put in the time and effort to bring your vision to life.
– Discounts: Since they have worked in the business for so long, wedding planners have connections and can often score discounts or deals with vendors. This way, you can actually save money on a service.
– New ideas: Let’s face it, you’re probably scouring Pinterest for wedding inspiration, which could lead to your big day being quite cookie-cutter. Wedding planners have seen and done it all, and often come with fresh ideas to create a unique spin on a classic. They can even show you ideas you would never have thought of. You can rely on them to make your wedding day special and memorable for the right reasons.
– They think of everything: A lot can go wrong on your wedding day. if you’re not a professional event planner you might not consider the smaller details that can all affect the day. Being professionals, wedding planners would have already factored all variables in and set a Plan B in place.
– Less control: A wedding planner is both a blessing and a curse. After discussing your vision, you will have to relinquish control to the expert. If you are someone that likes to be in control and know every detail, then hiring a wedding planner might not be right for you.
– Costly: You’re paying for the wedding planner’s expertise and that can often come at a high cost. If you’ve got a tight budget then a wedding planner will probably not fit into it.