Hear the distant roars of wild lions while watching the blazing African sunset at none other than Limpopo’s finest Abelana Game Reserve — the perfect place to escape the bustle of everyday life and dive into a little romance.
2020 was a tough year for the travel industry, and many love birds had to put their wedding day on hold. But now, all that’s left to focus on is a whole lot of love as couples across the world get ready to say “I do”.
It’s time for love to take center stage and there’s no better way to celebrate than at one of the most gorgeous locations in South Africa.
Welcome to Abelana Game Reserve…
A history of union with Abelana Game Reserve’s first bush wedding:
Situated on 15 000 hectares of pure unadulterated beauty, Abelana welcomed their first bride and groom on the scenic Malati Weir.
An intimate, mid-afternoon gathering saw no more than 42 guests come together in celebration of the couple, who said yes to forever with panoramic views overlooking the Selati River, which only enhanced the already magical moment.
The dinner reception was a classic-chic affair hosted at the Abelana River Lodge with not much of the lodge altered in terms of decor — raw beauty. A beaming bride and groom ensured that Abelana’s first bush wedding was the perfect African-ever-after.
Saying “I do” at Abelana Game Reserve
There’s something uniquely indescribable about being serenaded by the sounds of the bushveld, and Abelana is hoping to bring boatloads of African ambience to your wedding day.
Located just a 5 hours drive from Johannesburg, the luxury lodge is now launching its bespoke wedding package to the public. The perfect bushveld wedding is not only available but accessible to brides and grooms ready to tie the knot.
Thanks to Abelana Game Reserve, Limpopo’s burnt skies and natural brilliance are just a booking way from becoming your wedding reality.
Couples can expect only the best service from the Abelana team with wedding packages including, but not limited to:
- A dedicated team was allocated to attend to the bride and groom on the wedding day
- A complimentary Abelana wedding cake
- A romantic turndown
- Luxurious king-suite accommodation for up to 40 overnight guests
- All standard accommodation inclusions apply to overnight guests, such as meals and game viewing activities
COVID-19 has played a big part in wedding plans, but an intimate bush wedding still remains an attractive prospect for couples who are considering the implications of the pandemic.
COVID precautions are the lodge’s top priority and nothing beats naturally wide-open spaces, fresh air, and ample room for social distancing that’s offered when choosing to book your wedding here.
Abelana River Lodge follows stringent protocols to protect tourists, wedding guests and staff, including:
- Guest temperatures are scanned on arrival at the reserve gate, and each guest completes a contact-tracing and general wellness form.
- Staff temperatures and wellness are assessed and recorded on a daily basis.
- All staff are required to wear a mask at all times, and to sanitise their hands frequently.
- Guests are required to wear their masks in the lodge’s indoor public areas.
- All suites are rested between guest stays.
- Hand sanitising stations are positioned at all entrances to the lodge and hand sanitiser supply is available on each game viewing vehicle.
- All surfaces are wiped down with sanitiser on a regular basis, and game viewing vehicles are wiped down between each game drive.
So, what are a few things that brides and grooms-to-be should consider when planning their “safari wedding?”
“Wedding couples should be passionate about nature, animals and bush life. Don’t be too attached to the timing of your big day. Out here, we could run into any number of situations that could delay the whole itinerary. We encounter roadblocks – not the city kind – and detours created by fallen trees and wildlife. We may put a plan in place, but when you come face-to-face with a breeding herd of elephants, we wait; you wait – everyone waits. It’s part of the magic,” says Natalie Roberts, assistant lodge manager.
Ready to book the venue of your dreams and say “I do” while immersed in nature?
For more information on the lodge and its wedding packages, please contact Bryan West at 061 952 4302 or [email protected]
Pictures: Abelana Game Reserve