Your guests will make short work of these scrumptious thank you shortbread biscuits. We love the idea of adding a personal touch to your wedding, and this is one of the easiest ways to do this.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
250g butter, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar, plus extra to dust
1 vanilla pod, seeds only
2 cups flour
½ cup cornflour
Custom-made rubber stamps
1. Have your rubber stamps made with the greetings of your choice (you can order stamps from rubberstampsa.co.za).
2. Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a 20 cm baking tray.
3. Beat the butter until soft, then beat in the caster sugar and vanilla seeds until light and fluffy. Mix in the rest of the ingredients to form a stiff dough.
4. Roll the dough out on the baking tray so you don’t have to move it afterwards and cut them with your cookie cutters. Stamp each one with your rubber stamp.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and immediately dust with caster sugar.
6. Carefully remove the shortbread fingers from the tray and transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
7. Once they’ve cooled completely, you can put your biscuits in gift boxes or tie them up with cellophane and a pretty ribbon.