A cute and fun DIY idea for wedding decor – create origami hearts that you can place on tables or arrange them on a photo frame for a focal piece.
View this post on Instagram
Supplies (find them at your nearest craft shop):
- origami paper R78/24 sheets
- glue R50/100ml
- photo frame R190/300 x 500mm
- double-sided tape R30/18mm
- Fold the origami paper up and down, left and right.
Open the paper again and fold left and right into the centre. Keep it there.
Fold the top and bottom into the middle and fold the top down.
Fold the bottom up in the same way.
Fold the bottom part to the left and right according to the crease.
Similarly, fold the upper part to the left and right according to the crease.
Fold in the top and bottom corners
Fold the upper right and the lower left so that they widen.
Fold the top and bottom so that the front is a solid.
Push in the left and right corners and the centre of the 3D part
To complete the 3D heart, tuck in the folds at the bottom so that they fold over one another and stay in place.
Then glue the open sides of the heart. If you’d like to scatter the hearts around, then this is the last step.
- If you’d like to arrange the hearts on a photo frame then take the empty frame with a backing and use double-sided tape to attach the hearts to the frame in an arrangement of your choice.
- There you have it!
Feature image: Pixabay